(NEW for 2020) Elite Category Qualification Requirement
In the interests of continuing the growth of Spartan OCR as a truly competitive global sport, a competitor may no longer register for any Elite category heat (or purchase an Elite Season Pass) without first meeting qualifying criteria listed below. This rule applies to all Elite category heats starting on January 1st 2020 for events taking place in the United States, Canada or the UK.
Any Elite competitor already registered for an event on or after Wednesday, January 1st 2020 must complete the qualification process, or will be moved to the Age Group category. Competitors who are automatically moved may apply for qualification at a later date.
Elite Category Qualification Application Process
Any prospective Elite category competitor, whether a prior Spartan participant or not, may submit an application for Elite category qualification via spartan.com (submission details coming soon).
Each application requires a one-time payment of a US$30 fee, payable to Spartan HQ upon application submission. This fee covers program administration and processing and is non-refundable in the event of application rejection.
Successful applicants will be emailed a unique Elite Qualifying Code (EQC) which will be good for the remainder of the 2020 season. This code must be input each time the competitor registers for an Elite category heat, or chooses to purchase an Elite Season Pass.
Application will be opened on or before 10/31/19.
Initial applications will be reviewed within 30 days.
Starting on January 1st 2020 all applications will be reviewed within 72 hours.
Denied applicants will have 7 days to dispute their decision without having to repay the application fee. Any disputes after 7 days will require a new application and application fee.
Elite Category Qualification Criteria
To earn an Elite Qualification Code (EQC), a competitor must be 14 years of age or older as of Wednesday, January 1st 2020 and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- One or more top 3 finishes at Spartan events in the Elite and/or Age Group category within the previous 24 months
- One or more top 10 finishes within the Elite category at any regular season Spartan event within the previous 12 months
- One or more top 5 finishes within any Age Group category at any regular season Spartan event within the previous 12 months
- US$2000 or more of lifetime prize money earned to date in the Spartan Elite category. (International Prize money will be converted from local currency to USD based on current exchange rates)
Elite Category Automatic Qualification
On December 1st 2019, the top 30 male and female athletes from certain 2019 championship series and events will be automatically sent Elite Qualifying Codes (EQC) via email, which will be good for use throughout the 2020 season. These athletes do not need to separately apply for an ECQ.
The eligible events for automatic EQC qualification are:
- All 2019 National & Regional Series, final leaderboards
- All 2019 championships, final leaderboards
- The 2019 World Championship, 2019 Trifecta World Championship, and 2019 Ultra World Championship, final leaderboards.
In addtion, all members of the Spartan Pro Roster and selected athletes at any HQ designated Spartan Combine event, will be issued an Elite Qualifying Code (EQC) and do not need to submit an application.
Downgrading from Elite Category
An Elite competitor with an EQC may freely choose to register for, and compete in, the Age Group or Open categories at any event globally.