This article is for people who purchased a 2020 Season Pass only.
Due to the large impact of cancelled events in 2020 due to COVID-19, 2020 Season Passes have been extended for the 2021 race season.
In this article:
- What is a Season Pass?
- What are the benefits?
- How do I sign up with my pass?
- How do I use my pass benefits?
- Can I share my pass if I am not attending an event?
- Can I use it on Hurricane Heats?
- What else do I need to know?
What is a Season Pass?
In Canada, we are offering three options for your Season Pass.
- Our ELITE Season Pass: Valid for all Heats (Elite, Age Group, Open) in the 2020 and 2021 calendar year. Requires pre-qualification. Read about qualifying here!
- Our AGE GROUP Season Pass, valid for only AGE GROUP and Open (Morning, Afternoon, etc.) heats, during the calendar year 2020 and 2021.
- Our OPEN Season pass, valid for only OPEN (Morning, Afternoon, etc.) heats, during the calendar year 2020.
Passes DO NOT guarantee your entry into a sold-out heat. You must register early to guarantee your spot! Your pass is valid for one chip-timed entry per day, per event. For pass holders that would like to run an additional timed lap, there will be an additional on-site charge of C$15 for a new timing chip, bib packet, finisher medal, and shirt.
NOTE: Your Season Pass is unique to you and can not be shared. Pass usage is audited. If racers are discovered sharing passes, passes may be revoked and any race results disqualified. Season passes are non-transferable once purchased.
Why should I get one? What are the benefits?
All 2020 Canada Season Pass Memberships include:
- Entry into all Canada Sprint, Super, Beast, and Trail events. Discount applicable for Ultra events, during the life of your pass (specific heats are NOT guaranteed).
- Pass valid for registration in eligible heats for your pass:
- Elite Pass - Elite, Age Group, Morning, Afternoon
- Age Group - Age Group, Morning, Afternoon
- Open pass - Morning, Afternoon
- 2 US Race Passes - Only if pass purchased before 12/31/2019
- Exclusive 2020 Season Pass Holder T-shirt
- Exclusive 2020 Season Pass Holder Hat
- Exclusive 2020 Season Pass Holder Jacket
- 1 Free Spectator Pass (Festival Pass) per event
- Multi-lap Discount
- Season Pass Insider's Facebook Group
- 50% Discount on Ultra events
- 10% Merchandise Discount
- 50% off the Spartan Virtual Race 2.0 Upgrade Kit (valid only 7/15/20 - 9/23/20).
How do I sign up with my new pass?
- Find an event on our website.
- Click on the Register button on the top of the event page you choose.
- When prompted, login to your Spartan account, using the SAME email address as you used to purchase your pass (THIS IS IMPORTANT).
- Once you select your preferred start time (that is valid for your pass) you will immediately see your registration discounted 100%, leaving you to pay the racer add-on fees (totals are reflected on the right-hand side of the screen).
If you do NOT immediately see this discount, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before proceeding.
How do I use my benefits?
Season Pass Membership benefits are easy to use!
- Race registration benefits can be used immediately upon purchase, as noted above!
- US Race Passes - You will be sent a code in January 2020 that can be redeemed for 2 2020 US races.
- Free Festival Pass can be used for one spectator to enter the festival. This can be claimed by you or your guest on race day at Spectator Registration. The pass will be under your name (the racer). You do NOT need to pre-register this pass, one is automatically added to your registration when you sign up with the pass.
- Promotional clothing items are being finalized; stay tuned for specific shipping timelines.
Can I share my pass with a friend if I am not attending an event?
NO. The pass is only valid for the person it is registered to. If your pass is used to register someone else, their order will be canceled. If it is caught after the event, they will be DQ'ed and their results removed from the event. Your pass will also be revoked with no refunds given. There is a zero-tolerance policy on Season Pass abuse. No excuses, no exceptions.
Can I use it on Hurricane Heats?
No. 2020 SP's do not include Hurricane Heats.
What else do I need to know?
- The Canada Season Pass is only valid on eligible races in Canada.
- The Spartan Season Pass guarantees entry to every event during the life of your pass but does not guarantee entry into a specific heat. The registration team will give priority to Membership holders when adjusting heat assignments, or accepting last-minute registrations, but requests will still be subject to space limitations.
- Specialty races such as the Charity races, or other possible special events including ones put on by Spartan's Partners may not be included or may be included at a reduced rate. Events that are NOT Season Pass Eligible will be indicated on the Event Page for that specific event.
- The pass cannot be put on hold in the case of injury, moving, or any other reasons.
- We are not able to credit current or past registrations toward the cost of a pass.
- We are not able to refund current registrations if you buy a pass after signing up for an event.
- The pass is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You can purchase a pass for someone else, but you MUST provide all of their information during the purchase.
- Season Pass Holders have access to sold-out events. However, Season Pass Holders do not have access to sold-out heats. If an event is completely sold out we will accommodate you in the afternoon session.
- Pass is not valid for Kids Races or Spectator registration purchases.